Team Placement: Applicants are reviewed and considered based on assessed skills, interests, level of demonstrated commitment and the availability of positions.
Training: Members are required to complete the National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses provided through FEMA.
Here are the steps to take:
- Go to https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
- Create a FEMA Student ID.
- Go to https://training.fema.gov/nims
- Begin course studies with ICS-100: Intro to the Incident Command System
- Continue through courses at your own pace.
- SEND certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name
Note: Each position may require additional certifications or training for you to complete, see your Command Officer to obtain more information.
- ICS-100: Intro to the Incident Command System
- ICS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- ICS-400: Advanced ICS for Command and General Staff
- IS-700: National Incident Management System, An Introduction
- IS-701: NIMS Multiagency Coordination System (MACS)
- IS-800: National Response Framework, An Introduction